Everyone Should Write.

Thursday, November 1, 2012

I began to describe why I love to write in 25. My Blog Blog. Here is a more concise and eloquently written explanation, courtesy of @ThoughtCatalog.

"Writing is hard work. It’s smoothing, and polishing, and tucking in the elbows of each paragraph. It’s voice and technique and practice. It’s mastering style with form, power with control. And I think I know what it’s all for. It’s for getting closer to the page. It is for getting closer to yourself, to get yourself closer to the page."


"Writing also makes us vulnerable. Yet if we don’t write, we are vulnerable just the same. It is only that writing makes us think about things, codify them, and chisel them into stone. People can look at it, hold it in their hands, judge it. But the thing is, I think, that with time and mortality as facts of life there is only one judgement that means anything: to ourselves — who we were, and what we believed."


Read more at http://thoughtcatalog.com/2012/everyone-should-write/#2pc2e0gG2T8tIyDl.99 

No comments:

Post a Comment